Homes are flying off the market in Boulder County at a much higher price than a year ago.
October 2020 Boulder County home sales
• The average sales price for homes in Boulder County was $781K, up an average of $135K from last October.
• Homes stayed on the market in Boulder County only 51 days, down from 67 days last year; 24 percent fewer days on market. (Days on market is calculated as the number of days from the time a home is listed until the home has its new owner.)
• There are only 631 homes for sale now, compared to 1062 a year ago a difference of 431.
• The number of homes sold in Boulder County was 459, up 7.5 percent compared to last October.
Boulder home sales
• The average sale price for homes in Boulder Colorado was $1.088,360, up $213,307 since October 2019.
• Homes stayed on the market an average of only 53 days down 25 days from last year.
• There are 114 fewer homes for sale in Boulder than in October 2019.
• Closed sales were 170, up 24 percent since last October.
Erie home sales
• The average sales price for a home in Erie, Colorado was $607K up $37K from a year ago.
• Days on market dropped slightly from 58 days to 57 days.
• In October 2019 there were 121 homes for sale. In October 2020 there are only 35 listings in Erie.
• Closed sales were up 20 percent; from 46 in October 2019 to 55 in October 2020.
Longmont home sales
• The average sales price for a home in Longmont, Colorado was $563K up $93K since last October.
• Days on market for homes sold in Longmont was down slightly from a year ago to 55.
• Last October there were 351 homes for sale. Current listings are 159, down 55 percent!
• Closed sales in Longmont were 153, up from 147 last October.
Now is a great time to list your home if you are considering selling. Prices are up all over Boulder County, days on market are down significantly and there is little competition. Multiple offers are common place in this market. Buyers are combing the market for their new home.
By Mary Hill. Mary is a Realtor at The Hill Group, Coldwell Banker. Call 303.808.7796, e-mail [email protected] or visit metroboulderliving.com.
(All data is from the IRES MLS).